Friday, January 6, 2012

Nobody Likes " I told you so"


I was going to write about welcoming the New Year and all the Plans and Resolutions I have set but I found a photo a couple of minutes ago that I just have to write a small post about..

Have you ever done something that others told you not too and then later realised that perhaps you should have listened!!!

I have those moments everytime I have to take 8 of these outside and wash them and leave them out to sunbake...Please don't adjust your monitor, you are seeing correct they are CHAIRS and yes they are outside on our back deck sunbaking.

About 4 years ago I went out to buy a new table and dining chairs and fell in ♥ with these white Leather chairs, came home bursting with excitement to tell hubby all about how gorgoeus and how practical because "we can just wipe them down" and how we just must have them. To say he was less than excited would be an understatement so he asked the next obvious question " Is there another Colour?". Well of course there was chocolate brown and black and latte but I wanted WHITE. To cut a long story short he thought he would be much more practical to buy a darker colour but left it to me....so down I went and Purchased the WHITE. Oh and didn't they look gorgeous when they arrived all Clean and glowing white set up with the big solid table. So STUNNING. Until the bologanise sauce and the tomato sauce and the kids and the visitors, need I go on. So every month or so I get out the bucket of warm soapy water and me and my MUST HAVE items go out to the decking and bond some more..Yes you guessed it, they don't really "just wipe clean". They need a full wash down with warm soapy water then a light scrub then wiped down and then left for the sun to bleach them a little more.

Lets just say ladies I couldn't bear the " I told you so" but maybe just maybe I should have bought a darker colour..but please don't tell Hubby ♥

3 comments:

  1. I want to come to your house, even with your nasty while chairs... looks like a holiday resort!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here Kristie. Wish my pool and backyard was like that. Gorgeous. Sorry about the chairs. Maybe cover them when kids are eating at them to save all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny Donna. So when would you like me to bring my little Italian ladies around with the homemade lasagne?
    Promise I won't mention it to Matt! :)

    ReplyDelete